Love is in the air… everywhere I look around ♥ Show your home and family that you really care by taking care of them! Where to start? How about our monthly checklists? Roses and candy are always nice, but imagine doing all of the chores and tackling all of the February home maintenance projects. Now THAT is labor of love. You’re welcome .
- Test all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Test all of your ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets by pushing the “test” button. The “reset” button should pop out indicating that it is working properly. Then press the “reset” button so it’ll be set to work when you need it to.
- Check inside of bathroom vanities and kitchen sink cabinets for signs of moisture or leaks. Carefully inspect for condensation or slow drips.
- Check your grout and caulking around your showers, tubs and sinks. Replace missing grout after chipping out the cracked areas. If caulk remains discolored after cleaning remove and replace it with caulk that is mildew-resistant.
- Inspect for loose knobs and hinges on cabinets, vanities and furniture. Tighten or repair where necessary and lubricate squeaky hinges.
- To eliminate any musty closet odors remove all of the contents and wash the walls with a diluted solution of chlorine bleach. Replace solid doors with louvered doors. If the smell is the result of too much moisture in the area you’ll need to locate the source and fix it or the problem will return. You may need to simply start running a dehumidifier in that area
- Use a vacuum with a narrow nozzle to clean the condenser coils on the back or underneath your refrigerator.