Ahhhh August ♥ Summer heat – sunshine – beach time… Sneak these few home maintenance items into these beautiful long days and cozy, warm nights.
- Test all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Inspect your foundation for signs of termites. Look for tunnels and dirt bridges. If you suspect them, call an exterminator right away.
- Use a vacuum with a narrow nozzle to clean the condenser coils on the back or underneath your refrigerator.
- Make any necessary faucet repairs. Check for any worn washers and signs of leaking both on top of and underneath the faucet.
- Clean your range hood and either clean or replace the filter.
- Replace your air conditioner filter.
- Hoping to do any interior remodeling projects this fall? Start the planning and estimate collection now so that they can be done early in the season.
Printable version: August Home Maintenance Checklist