For a beautiful, bountiful summer, start your preparations in April! Run through our maintenance checklist, then start a list of your own of all of the things you’d like to accomplish next season.
- Test all of your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean your window screens with a bristle brush, a mild detergent and a garden hose.
- Check for sales on winter maintenance equipment like snow shovels, generators, snow blowers, etc.
- Prepare your winter equipment for storage and your gas powered lawn equipment for use.
- Inspect your home’s exterior for signs of rot. Use a small awl to probe for any soft spots on railings, window sills, and posts.
- Prepare to Grill! Grills can be cleaned with soapy water and a brass bristle brush. You may need to also clean the gas hose, and don’t forget about the drip tray. See your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Re-caulk open joints around windows and doors, and replace weather stripping where worn.
- Clean your range hood and either clean or replace the filter.