Now that the holiday festivities are over for the season, what is there to do until spring? Plenty! Cape Cod in the off season can be cozy, adventurous, and eventful.
Take a Tour!
Whether it’s the Cape Cod Chip Factory or Cape Cod Beer that strike your fancy, the number of Cape based production places is growing wonderfully! Escape the bitter temperatures to see how those delicious chips are made, and taste the local brew flavor on one of their year-round tours.
Browse a Museum!
- The Cape Cod Museum of Art is always a great place to explore. They’ve got classes, exhibits, and wonderful programs too. Day passes or memberships are available.
- Starting in February, watch artisans create masterpieces out of glass at the Sandwich Glass Museum. The 20 minute demonstrations take place every hour on the hour Wed-Sun.
- Feeling adventurous? Button up and embrace the great outdoors this season at the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History after they finish installing their newest exhibits February 12th, or anytime at the Cape Cod National Seashore. Pick a trail and bring your camera!
- Take a workshop and expand your mind at the Woods Hole Historical Museum. January focuses on the art of knots! The galleries may be closed, but the gift shop is open!
- Feed your child side with a visit to the Cape Cod Children’s Museum. They always have a wonderful list of programs, parking is free, and they’re open year round, 7 days a week!
- For a larger list of the wonderful museums that Cape Cod has to offer, click here!
Take a Ride!
On a horse that is. The wonderful folks down at Emerald Hollow Farm in Brewster have their doors open year round. They offer riding instructions, horsemanship classes, and therapeutic riding!
Hit the Spa
From the luxurious treatments offered at the Chatham Bars Inn Spa, to the amazing packages available from Beach Plum Spa, there are plenty of fantastic places to spend a day – or the weekend! – pampering and restoring your mind and body. Relax – Renew – Rejoice! See TripAdvisor’s list of the top ranking spas and wellness centers on Cape Cod and book your appointments!
Date Night? Girls Night? Why not try something new and visit a paint bar? They’re great for birthdays, showers, fundraisers, or just taking a class for fun. There’s no experience necessary. Tap into your creative side when you live, laugh, and paint with Artfully Yours!